- Six cross-collection search tools
- Links to other research resources
Other resources of interest to researchers in the Greater Philadelphia area -- links open in a new browser window:
- OAIster: This goes beyond Philly and into the "deep web" of library and archive collections worldwide to find materials that are not searched and indexed by the major search engines. Provides access to many online editions of out-of-copyright books and many primary sources.
- Pennsylvania Digital Library: Online collections from Pennsylvania libraries, including many in the Philadelphia. Just launched, with new collections being added all the time.
- PhillyHistory.org: The City of Philadelphia's growing, searchable database of historical images.
- National History Day/Philly: Everything young history researchers need to enter this exciting program
- Tips for Using a Research Library: Developed by PACSCL for the National History Day/Philly program.
- Philadelphia Architects and Buildings Project and The Philadelphia GeoHistory Network, based at The Athenaeum of Philadelphia, also searchable via the PACSCL Google Search
- Philadelphia City Directories: eighteenth- and nineteenth-century directories from PACSCL institutions, digitized and mounted on the Internet Archive (a project of the Philadelphia Museum of Art).
- Civil War History Consortium: Inventory of sites, programs, and collecting institutions relating to Philadelphia's role in the American Civil War
- Philadelphia Area Center for the History of Science: Eleven organizations promotoing scholarly and public understanding of the history of science, medicine, and technology.
- Encyclopedia of Greater Philadelphia: Topical essays and links to resources
- Benjamin Franklin Tercentenary: Interactive site offering a virtual museum, educational resources, more.
- Philly.com: Philadelphia portal including online editions of the Philadelphia Inquirer and Philadelphia Daily News
- Gophila.com: Philadelphia's tourism portal, including a comprehensive online events calendar
- CampusPhilly.org: Philadelphia area portal for potential and current university students and recent graduates
- Philaculture.org: The Greater Philadelphia Cultural Alliance