Links to other organizations PACSCL or its members belong to or work with:
National Professional Organizations
Regional Professional Organizations and Consortia (some Philadelphia based)
- Civil War History Consortium
- Conservation Center for Art and Historic Artifacts
- Consortium for the History of Science, Technology and Medicine
- Delaware Valley Archivists Group
- Greater Philadelphia Cultural Alliance
- Mid-Atlantic Regional Archives Conference
- Museum Council of Greater Philadelphia
- Pennsylvania Library Association
- Pennsylvania Academic Library Consortium, Inc. (PALCI)
- Pennsylvania Historial and Museum Commission
- Philadelphia Center for the Book
- Doing Digital Humanities in Philadelphia PhillyDH is an active organization/interest group with a high proportion of library, archives, and museum members. It conducts most of its business via its Google group, which you can access here. The group archives provide an idea of the range of activities it promotes and supports. https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/phillydigitalhumanities
- There is also a helpful page of links to organizations and projects for the digitally-minded in Greater Philadelphia on the group’s website. Many of these groups offer access to information and assistance on a range of technology issues. https://phillydh.org/dh-in-philly/
- “Your Old Books”: A Primer on Rare Books and Manuscripts from the Rare Books & Manuscripts Section of the Association of College and Research Libraries.
- Resources for Family Historians (links to members’ pages on genealogical resources in their collections)
- OAIster: This goes beyond Philly and into the “deep web” of library and archive collections worldwide to find materials that are not searched and indexed by the major search engines. Provides access to many online editions of out-of-copyright books and many primary sources.
- Digital Public Library of America:
- Pennsylvania Digital Library: Online collections from Pennsylvania libraries, including many in the Philadelphia. Just launched, with new collections being added all the time.
- PhillyHistory.org: The City of Philadelphia’s growing, searchable database of historical images.
- National History Day/Philly: Everything young history researchers need to enter this exciting program
- Tips for Using a Research Library: Developed by PACSCL for the National History Day/Philly program.
- Philadelphia Architects and Buildings Project and The Philadelphia GeoHistory Network, based at The Athenaeum of Philadelphia, also searchable via the PACSCL Google Search
- Philadelphia City Directories: eighteenth- and nineteenth-century directories from PACSCL institutions, digitized and mounted on the Internet Archive (a project of the Philadelphia Museum of Art).
- Civil War History Consortium: Inventory of sites, programs, and collecting institutions relating to Philadelphia’s role in the American Civil War
- Philadelphia Area Center for the History of Science: Eleven organizations promotoing scholarly and public understanding of the history of science, medicine, and technology.
- Encyclopedia of Greater Philadelphia: Topical essays and links to resources
- Benjamin Franklin Tercentenary: Interactive site offering a virtual museum, educational resources, more.
- Philly.com: Philadelphia portal including online editions of the Philadelphia Inquirer and Philadelphia Daily News
- Gophila.com: Philadelphia’s tourism portal, including a comprehensive online events calendar
- CampusPhilly.org: Philadelphia area portal for potential and current university students and recent graduates
- Philaculture.org: The Greater Philadelphia Cultural Alliance